Sunday, May 26, 2013

Daisy Purse two

May 6 2013
Hello Ok, i was wrong, it was not Timtex, but Peltex. It is an Ultra Firm Stabilizer. I cut the pieces short on all sides, so really didn't have any problems, until i went to turn it inside out. OUCH!!.
The first one didn't have outer pockets, and i decided i HAD to have outer pockets.
I put one big one in the back side of the purse, and quilted the front section.

Peltex interfacing/ stabilizer

Front (on right) is quilted, Back has a pocket, bottom is its own piece.
I cut the Peltex in from all sides, making it a bit easier to sew the seams. It is a bit thick!

I didn't have enough fabric to do the bottom as one with the front. I had to make it its own little piece, which is what i hated about the purchased patterns. It took me a while to figure how this was going to work with the corner treatment, but it worked out just the same.
You are supposed to steam heat the Peltex into shape, it only worked soso. I used my Tailor's Pressing Ham and curved it with that.

Pressed under the top seam allowance, where i will turn it under.
It is a little curved. It is enough for me.
I cut the Peltex in, about a half inch or more, and sewed the seam allowances between 1/4 and 1/2".  The Bernina doesn't like bumps, and this way I didn't have trouble sewing with one side of the foot, on a sidewalk kinda issue.

The Lining i did as i did the other one, adding inner pockets, and extra interfacing where the magnetic snaps would go. The lining bottom i sewed into one of the lining sides, so it is one long piece.
This also caused me some issues, as how to do the bottom corner. But it all worked out ok.
The strap i did a little narrower, because i didn't have as much of the fabric.
Lining and straps

Bottom worked out ok.
 The pieces sewn together.

Holding it's own shape.
The BIG problem was sewing around the top, sewing the lining and outer part together. I had to fight the Peltex. If i had had the energy i would have pushed the machine into the upper position on my cabinet, then I could have sewn it using the free arm.
AND boy i had a struggle turning it inside out.
But it looks GREAT!!  I have even gotten a few compliments.
 Oh the goofy camera, when i take out the memory card i must hit the battery and the date resets. I did NOT make this in 2009.

Love ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment